Congratulations! If you are reading this post, you have most likely received that pixie dusted email inviting you and your family to Disney Social Media Moms Celebration. Take a deep breath and savor this moment! You have achieved something so incredible through your hard work and dedication that you should take some time to really enjoy the honor of being selected.
Okay, now that you’ve had time to reflect, it’s time to get planning! You may be wondering what to pack. Here are 5 things you don’t want to forget to bring to the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration
Clothes for Disney Social Media Moms Celebration:
- Outfit for the opening meet/greet and dinner. I chose a simple sundress. Most people were in what I call “church clothes”, nice but not too fancy. Pants are okay but I’d stay away from the jeans and shorts. Remember, this will be your first opportunity to meet the Disney Social Media team, conference sponsors, and fellow bloggers and you want to make a good impression.
- Conference day: Here you will want something that is dressy but comfy, since you will be sitting most of the day. Business casual seemed to be what most people chose. Again, pants are okay, but I’d stay away from the jeans and shorts. Bring a sweater, as the room temperature seemed to fluctuate through the day.
- Family Dinner: This will depend on what the team has planned for that night. We had a beach party and as such, I wore a flowy sundress. Take a look at the itinerary once it is available and make your decision.
- Vacation-wear. Shorts, tshirts, flip-flops..etc. This is a vacation, after all. Don’t forget the comfy shoes for walking through the parks, rain poncho in case it rains, swimsuits, and sunscreen.
Electronics for Disney Social Media Moms Celebration:
This is a social media event so bring your devices. It is encouraged that you post to Facebook, Twitter..etc during the conference, so bring whatever makes it easiest for you. Phone, laptop, iPad…whatever you need. Don’t forget power cords (there will be outlets at the tables).
Business Cards For Disney Social Media Moms Celebration:
I could go either way on this one. Most people bring business cards with them. It’s a convenient way to exchange information with fellow bloggers. They are not mandatory. If you are going to bring business cards, make sure to include the following:
- Blog Name
- Photo (makes it easier to remember names and faces)
Some people like to put on their phone number and/or address. I do not just because I am naturally suspicious of people. You do what makes you feel most comfortable.
Bring A Positive Attitude To Disney Social Media Moms Celebration:
I know, I know, sounds lame but it is true. Bring a positive attitude. Don’t go into this with any expectations. That was one of the saddest moments of the weekend when an attendee told me she was disappointed in this year’s event. She said she had been to Disney SMMC before and this year was a complete let down from years past. I truly did not know what to say. While Disney Social Media Moms Conference is a celebration of mom/dad bloggers, it is still an honor to be chosen. No, this is not a complimentary event. Your fees include lodging, a few meals, and park tickets. That is what you should expect. Everything else is gravy. Make this a magical event for yourself and do not arrive with expectations. Plan on soaking up all that is offered and enjoy your experience.
Don’t Forget A Smile:
Okay, this one might be even more lame that my last tip but it is worth mentioning. Be friendly. A smile goes a long way in meeting people. This is especially true if you are a shy-introvert like me. Presenting yourself in a pleasant manner will give others the feeling that you are approachable. If you are one of those awesome outgoing personalities, keep an eye out for those shy people who are off by themselves. A smile and an introduction will make all the difference to them and you might be connecting with your next life-long blogger friend.
|my best blogging buddies. Love these two|
There you have it, my top five things to bring with you to Disney Social Media Conference. You are in for an incredible weekend. Congratulations again and remember to HAVE FUN!
Patty Moliterno says
Love this! THANKS!!!!!
Marge G says
Thanks Patty! I am so happy you got an invite again this year. You are going to have a great time. Can't wait to hear all about it